12.03.2010

#Sesame Chicken

Sesame chicken is not something to mess around with. I've officially come to the conclusion that if you are ordering sesame chicken from your local take out place...Don't!. It's most likely going to be super greasy and 92% breading with 8% gross dark meat chicken. BUT not too worry, I have found two exceptions. First, there is Baumgart's Cafe which is a Chinese American restaurant that has four locations in New Jersey. While Baumgart's does have tasty American food, I ONLY ever order their sesame chicken [and peanut butter noodles] because it is perfection. All white meat, hardly any breading and extra sesame seeds. It's basically the god of sesame chicken. 
Baumgart's
The second exception is Jing  at The Landmark in Greenwood Village, Colorado. My first Jing experience was for my friend Lindsay's birthday about a year ago. We haven't been back since due to the fact that it's kind of a schlep from Boulder. Today, without realizing where the fuck I was, I took a turn off the highway on my way to the Italian Consulate of Denver and suddenly the clouds began to vanish and a light from the sky beamed down right onto Jing. My sesame chicken prayers were answered. I immediately called in an order for pick up [sesame chicken, brown rice and OBVS rock shrimp tempura]. Jing, like Baumgart's has the best sesame chicken. Good to know whether I'm in Colorado or New Jersey, I can get my fix.
 JING

No comments:

Post a Comment