12.22.2010

Eat Me!

Eating in an environment where saying "fuck off" is 100% normal and attitude is appreciated feels like home to me. Welcome to Shopsins - my new favorite place to eat. Becoming an absolute favorite of mine is rare. Yes, I like a lot of things, but to make your way into my top 5...you must be fucking special. I heard the rumors that they take no bullshit here at Shopsins. You fuck around and you're out. I was lucky enough to witness first hand a group of people being told to leave. Word of advice: if Kenny Shopsin's son Zack tells you to stand against the wall, you should stand against the wall. It's not only the the bluntness of the Shopsin's that makes this place unreal, but it's the menu. This thing takes about 20 minutes to go over and I think I could eat there every week for the rest of my life and not repeat a meal. The menu is glorious as is the food. Hello lemon ricotta pancakes and Luke's lunch 1. The pancakes are self explanatory cakes of goodness, but for those who don't know Luke's lunch 1 is BBQ pork and chili cheese fries on a ciabatta, I know, that's beautiful... I left with tears in my eyes.  I have found a new love in life. Shopsins General Market will cater my wedding and probably my children's bar/bat mitzvah. I plan on returning within the week. That probably won't happen being that they're only open from 9am - 2pm (my sleeping hours), but I'll definitely give it a try.


Kenny Shopsin's Book - Eat Me: The Food and Philosophy of Kenny Shopsin


PS: sorry about the lack of pictures from my meal, it needed to be eatin immediately.
PPS: PLEASE do me a favor and check out their menu, it will blow your mind!

No comments:

Post a Comment