1.20.2012

Praha

Speaking of reminiscing... 
My journey to Prague in April '11 started Wednesday night and lasted until Sunday afternoon. A long 4 days in a city that was unique and had its own strong culture. Between the constant partying and extremely confusing exchange rate it felt like I was in a far, far, away land. The one thing that felt very real in this dream like country was the food. Not being attracted to foods like sauerkraut with a side of boiled potatoes, my friend Sami, who was studying abroad there introduced me to the, lets say, the "better" food of Prague. 
Please, try and pronounce the name of this cafe...I dare you! Hidden in the streets of Prague, this little cafe was just the refreshing, American-esc type of food that I needed. 
banana, caramel & chocolate crepe
smoked salmon sandwich
pear & brie salad
hot chocolate
After our meal, we roamed the streets of Prague exploring all the city has to offer. Obviously the first thing that caught my eye was this thing...
Trdelnik: a traditional cake and sweet pastry made from rolled dough, wrapped around a stick, then grilled & topped with sugar and walnut mix. Anything warm and sugary is alright with me. Unravelling slowly, I ate this trdelnik piece by piece. 
If you're ever in Prague, make sure to grab yourself one of these. You won't be able to miss them. They're literally everywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment