1.25.2012

Chef KB

Haven't you always heard that college is the time to experiment and experience new things? Now who ever said this only pertained to sex, drugs, & rock-n-roll? Why can't this apply to the kitchen? We'll you heard it here first kids. It's time to bring your experimenting skills into the kitchen. At home I don't spend much time cooking. My mom has made it clear that's her territory and if shes willing to cook up a storm then hey, I don't have a problem with that. Not to mention the Kashrut laws my dad decided to impose on our house, so that leaves me without a lot of things, like shellfish for example.
Being that I'm now on this "Spring Break is in 2 months" diet, I've cut out many things. Pasta for one, is not my friend, so I use the next best thing: Spaghetti Squash. Not wanting traditional tomato sauce, I decided to go a different route. Brace yourself people.... I made Spaghetti Squash with White Clam Sauce. Sounds difficult? I promise you it is the simplest recipe! 
Take your traditional clam sauce [white wine, oil, canned clams w/ juice, red pepper flakes & parsley] and pour it over your squash. It is even better the next day. Let that squash marinate overnight. Shit soaks it right up. You got yourself a killer and HEALTHY meal. 
You might have also noticed that side of baby bok choy, also prepared by moi. Saute ginger and garlic until fragrant, then add in your greens. Oh BABY bok choy!

No comments:

Post a Comment