1.12.2012

Oh my Otto

Every couple times a year my family sets a date with my childhood nanny, Enid, to get together and catch up on lost time. My love for this woman goes beyond any pasta dish from Italy. In other words, she is like family to me. I consider this woman to be my 2nd mama. 
This year we decided to set our date at Mario Batali's Otto. Enid brought her granddaughter Skyler to lunch. I'm ashamed to say, the girl is almost 3 and I had never met her before. We hit it off instantaneously. Little Skyler ordered herself some pasta w/ red sauce instead of butter. Now that's a foodie in the making if you ask me...
I decided to pass up the red sauce this trip to Otto and hit up some carbonara. Since my 1-year anniversary of leaving for abroad is approaching, I decided to dedicate my meal to Florence 2011 and order my favorite pasta dish from Florence. Although the flavors were dead on, the pasta was a little to creamy for my taste.
The rest of the orders went a little something like this: my brother ordered the Bucatini All' Gricia, Enid ordered the Fusili Con Sausage & Escarole, and my mom ordered the Linguine Puttanesca. 
Rarely do I ever order dessert in a restaurant. I'm usually to full after apps and entrees, but this meal was an exception. It was not only my parent's 27th wedding anniversary, but it was also Enid's 60th birthday! Damn does that woman look amazing for 60!  Not pictured, we ordered the Black & White (with a candle of course) [milk chocolate chip gelato, hazelnut croccante, creme fraiche gelato, chocolate sauce, & caramel crema] and...
Spiced Caramel Pannacotta [maple glazed apples, creme fraiche gelato, & brown butter caramel]
& some special vanilla gelato for Skyler - Love Her!!

No comments:

Post a Comment