1.20.2012

Munich Eats

It's been one year since I left for studying abroad, which means extreme reminiscing taking place. Sorting through my iphoto pictures, I found these two photos that were taken in Munich, Germany. Roaming the streets looking for a bite to eat, my friends and I stopped in our tracks when we were greeted by a huge outdoor market. Overwhelmed by the vast selection of food, we stopped at a stand that was offering the best looking dips, fresh breads, and pickles we've ever seen. 
Want a sampling of some Kase-Paste? Or maybe a little Turkischer? I know, who the hell knows what any of these words mean? Luckily for us, the man behind the counter adored our American charm and let us sample anything we wanted to. 
We ended up with two large loafs of freshly baked bread, hummus, baba ganoush, tzatziki, mushrooms, shrimp salad and marinated feta. Absolutely one of the best meals I had abroad. We sat on a set of stairs in the cool shade behind the market and enjoyed ourselves a nice Mediterranean meal. 

No comments:

Post a Comment