1.11.2012

Caracas Arepa Bar

I've found when talking about arepas that many people out there have never had one. That is a full blown crime. Having Venezuelan family friends, I had my first arepa at a very young age. I lost my arepa virginity to one stuffed with shredded meat and cheese. It was a symphony in my mouth. An instantaneous connection. A beautiful introduction to Venezuelan food.  Besides having these arepas at home or at my family friends, I was never really able to find them anywhere else. That was until I encountered Caracas Arepa Bar a few years back. With a huge selection of different kinds of Arepas, I was immediately hooked. 
My most recent visit to Caracas Arepa Bar was to their smaller take-out restaurant. Cute and cozy, their smaller outpost is perfect for a quick bite. Order at the counter, choose your seat, and wait for your arepas to be freshly made. I ordered the La del Gato [guayanes cheese, fried sweet plantains and avocado slices] & De Pabellon [shredded beef, black beans, white salty cheese, and sweet plantains]
Two of my favorite items on the menu, both of these arepas were perfection. Drench them in their special vinaigrette and you got yourself something to die for. 

No comments:

Post a Comment