4.05.2012

Yankees vs. Mets

No, it's not what you're thinking... I'm not here to blog about sports, like are you kidding? Obviously there is something food related here, why else would the words Yankees and Mets takeover the title? Rather I'm here to fill you in on the stadiums themselves. Citi Field or Yankee Stadium - whose got the better grub? Both stadiums have really stepped up their games. They realized people don't just want wieners and peanuts anymore, us Tri State Area-ers now have matured palates and we want only the best food when watching our baseball teams kick some ass.
Yankee Stadium: the new home of Mario Carbone and Rich Torrisi's Parm. Yes - PARM! I think I might just attend a game this summer so I can snack on a meatball sub while watching hot men throw a ball around. 
For those of you with a serious sweet tooth or with a child in desperate need of some dessert can make your way over to Dylan's Candy Bar. Parm & Dylan's not too shabby Yankees. Me likey!
Although I do support the Yankees over the Mets, I must admit that Citi Field is not lacking in their food department either. They are home to Danny Meyer's ever so delicious Shake Shack! That's a big deal right there. 
Danny Meyer must be a Mets fan because Shake Shack isn't the only DM outpost at Citi Field. Blue Smoke, the go to for bbq, is there offering Mets fans stick-to-your-bones pulled pork sandwiches and Kansas City spare ribs. 
The delicious food offerings don't stop there...Citi Field also has El Verano Taco. Created by the talented Floyd Cardoz. This taqueria sells the best of Mexican street food: tacos, carnitas, and quesadillas. 
The last of the amazing offerings Citi Field has is Catch of the Day, which might be my go to IF I was ever to attend a Mets game. Shrimp po'boys, corn and clam chowder and fried flounder sandwiches! I kind of have a major obsession with seafood, so this is sort of major.
I hate to admit, Citi Field has really outnumbered Yankee Stadium here. You Yankee fans can't even deny it. Parm scores a ton of points for Yankee Stadium, but seafood, Mexican, burgers, and bbq ?! That's a miniature food haven in one. In this rare case, my vote here goes to the Mets. EEEEK! 

No comments:

Post a Comment