4.11.2012

Cuba Cuba

Ever since Cuba Cuba Sandwicheria opened up I've been dying to give it a try. I've always loved everything about a Cuban sandwich, so I really did not have any doubts about a restaurant that dedicated itself to sharing the Cuban sandwich love. Surprisingly, I know many people who have never had themselves a Cuban sandwich before, so for those who are missing out, a Cuban sandwich is almost like a ham and cheese sandwich, but on acid. I personally would never go out of my way for ham. I'm not a huge fan of it at all, so for those who are shitting on the ham part right now, just wait until you've had yourself a Cuban. In addition to the ham, this sandwich also has roasted pork, swiss cheese, pickles and mustard all on toasted Cuban bread.
Having a little trouble deciding what to order because everything looked so good on the menu, I finally decided to go the classic route and get Cuba Cuba's Cubano. As I said above, this sandwich was the traditional pressed sandwich with roasted pork, ham, swiss, mustard and pickles on Cuban bread and it was pretty fucking amazing! Great flavors, perfectly toasted and a satisfying size, this Cubano was just what I was looking for. 
My friend Sara ordered their Pan Con Lechon a.k.a Roasted Pork Sandwich. This not only came with roasted pork, but it also had onions, mojo aioli and cabbage slaw on, you guessed it, toasted Cuban bread. I did not taste it, but I could tell that Sara was really enjoying herself. I think I might just need to get this one next time. In addition to these two sandwiches, Cuba Cuba offers a variety of other ones that sound unbelievable. They also have Cuban bowls, plantains, Cuban sodas and beer. Not to mention the interior of this place takes you straight to a beach in Cuba! With out a doubt, I will be going back very soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment