1.03.2011

Ideal Book Shelf



Confession: I'm not entirely faithful to my love of food. I occasionally cheat with my other passion - Art. Those who know me know my love of art came before my love of food. I spent years focusing on my art work before any appreciation of food developed. Luckily for me, both worlds overlap.  I came across this piece by Jane Mount that I'm obsessed with! What I like about Jane's work is that she paints peoples' ideal book shelves. Well... I have found that Jane has painted my ideal bookshelf!! Who needs Catcher in the Rye or the Great Gatsby when you can have Joy of Cooking and Barefoot Contessa?? I also already planned out the perfect spot for it in my house...I thought about putting it over my bed in my room, but then I thought that would creep people out, so I decided over all my Mom's cook books in the kitchen would work perfectly.  This fantastic piece of art can be found at 20x200, which was founded by Jen Bekman. Take the time to browse through their prints, they're amazing & some start at only $20! [Below are a few others that I love]
Another by Jane Mount
Alexander Beeching
Jennifer Sanchez 
Gregory Krum

Jorge Colombo 

No comments:

Post a Comment