1.21.2011

Cello My Name Is Lemon

It's officially now a curse that every time I go out for dinner here in Florence limoncello is offered to me at the end of the meal. They see the fear in my eyes. They know I don't like it and they put it in front of me for pure amusement. I don't know if its karma that I hate the official drink of Florence, or that fact that my friends make it a priority to let the waiters know just how much I "love" it. I'm not into disrespecting the culture here, so I suck it up and take the shot. I immediately chase it with some frizzante or wine, but no matter what it always seems to make my skin crawl. I mean technically it's not my fault I hate it... it's in my blood. My mom despises it as well, so I was born with this. My genes are anti-limoncello and I'm fine with that. My roommate Jamie today informed me that since I am a "foodie" that limoncello should be something I enjoy, but thats why I'm a foodie and not a drinky. No more limoncello for me Italia! I'll stick to house wine & tequila.

No comments:

Post a Comment