1.06.2011

FP

Name me one person who doesn't love when their food resembles real life things. Watching Bobby Flay's throwdown with Francois Payard, I was amazed by my desire to munch down on a dessert that resembled the logs my dad uses in our fireplace. Bobby was attempting to recreate Francois's Bûche de Noël, but lost. The french know their shit when it comes to desserts and pastries, did Bobby really think he had a chance?? There's really no point to this story besides the fact that I went to Francois Payard the other day in search of tasting this delectable log look-a-like treat, but was left in disappointment when my dad refused to buy an entire log of Bûche de Noël just so I could have a sliver of it - RUDE. I instead settled for the chocolate treat seen above.  Honestly, I didn't even want it, but I was there, so I got it, but I wish I didn't. The thing was a waste of calories. On the bright side, my coffee was delectable!
And for those who are wondering what a Bûche de Noël is....
And for those who are wondering what Francois Payard's Bûche de Noël is....

No comments:

Post a Comment