1.02.2011

Hung Ry

The sneaky people behind Hung Ry probably didn't think anyone would catch on to their name, but I did! Hung Ry is an Asian restaurant known of their bowls of hand-pulled noodle soup, so I automatically thought that the words Hung and Ry meant something in relation to that, but as I sat and thought on the name I came to conclusion that it's literally HUNGRY ripped apart into two separate words. Way creative on their part. The owners probably sat around a table for hours thinking of their name for the restaurant and what do you know... It's just the word hungry. Simple and amazing - I love it! There is also a possibility that I'm totally wrong, but considering that I like to think I'm right most of the time, I'm going to stick with my theory. Now onto the food... My Dad and I shared a bowl of the duck noodle soup and the beef tongue appetizer. Plain and simple: I'm not running back. The duck was super tasty, but I would much rather hit up Ippudo NY for a bowl of hand-pulled noodle soup. If you're on Bond Street and you find yourself hungry for soup and noodles, pit stop there, but no need to taxi across town. Capiche?


Beef tongue, black beans, carrot, pickled aromatic broth
Duck breast, leg. Szechuan, roasted peppers

No comments:

Post a Comment