1.20.2011

CIAO BELLA

So I've been straight up MIA from blogging for some time now. Let's catch up...
I celebrated my one week anniversary with Florence  yesterday and I can officially say I think, I mean I know, that this is the start of a beautiful relationship. I honestly believe that were meant for one other. I never could have ever imagined that I would have had this strong of a connection with this city. I'm already thinking about the state of depression I'm going to enter when I leave this amazing place. I also was not prepared for the food here. It is actually out of this world, unreal amazingness. I  cant even make up words to explain the food in Florence. True Statement: I have yet to eat a meal I haven't liked. I'm apologizing ahead for no pictures from one of my best dinners yet, La Giostra, but our forks went into the food so quickly, there was no stopping for pictures. Whenever I tell someone I'm studying in Florence, they almost always tell me to get the pear ravioli at La Giostra, but let me tell you - yes it was delicious and a must order, but the brie ravioli with artichoke was one of the best things that has ever entered my mouth. In addition, their burrata is  actually out of this world, like I don't think you get it....it's out of this world!!! It's worth every single penny [18 Euros]. The owner is also really sexy in his own bangle wearing kind of way. My friends and I nominated La Giostra as the best date restaurant and as I said, one of our best meals yet! My love for Giostra is also due to their ever so creative slogan, "In Food We Trust." When I saw that on their menu,  I knew it was destiny. 
limoncello is the death of me...

2 comments:

  1. Hi Katie! Have you tried Il Latini at 6 Via del Palchetti (http://www.illatini.com/) or Enoteca Pinchiorri at 87 Via Ghibellina? Both are very different from La Giostra, but great. - D. Jacobs, Wayne, NJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi kate,
    just want to tell you i LOVE LOVE LOVE lemoncello. but the fact that you don't doesn't meant i don't love you! your parents are our best buds so that overcomes the differnce.
    hope italy is treating you well...enjoy
    randy

    ReplyDelete