2.14.2011

Sweet or Savory?


I will throw down $5,000 euros right now and bet that the first thing you think when someone says Amsterdam is marijuana. I was the same exact way until I visited last weekend. We pull into Amsterdam via 2009 C-class to see what might be the most underrated city ever. All the buildings in Amsterdam look like gorgeous brick townhouses you would find in Manhattan.  It is all set on canals that run throughout the city. Amsterdam also has amazing art, interior design, and flower shops, but most importantly they have amazing…. FOOOD! Why the abroad lists compiled from previous years recommend the fucking Hard Rock Café is a mystery to me. Amsterdam is filled with upscale delicious restaurants. The variety of foods here also came as a surprise to me. I saw everything from Indonesian to Indian to Mediterranean to Italian to Japanese to American and the list goes on and on. 
Pringles Vending Machine
I’ve also officially come to realize that in seeing things like the Anne Frank House and the Van Gogh Museum as become equally as important as making sure I fit in as many meals as I can. My friends and I slowly started to realize that our days were revolving around food. We would think about what we were eating for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and late night. It all started at The Pancake Bakery, where we were recommended by other girls to order at least 4 pancakes for the three of us. Let’s just say it was 1-2 too many. We ended up ordering 1 sweet and 3 savory. The one that was so good we went back the following day for another was the Chilian Pancake. [Moment of Silence…………..] YES! It was that out of this world that it needed a moment of silence. The Chilian was simple and unreal. It consisted of a thin crepe underneath flavorful perfect chili with a crispy layer of melted cheese. It basically deserves to be on every Food Network or Travel Channel show. 
Store Front
The Chilian
Mushroom Omelette
The Greenlandic
Pancake w/ Ice Cream, Whipped Cream & Chocolate Sauce

No comments:

Post a Comment