2.01.2011

Danke Schoen


Thank you Switzerland…not only for being obscenely overpriced & not only for helping me find my inner teenage rebellion [hayy canyon jumping!], but for allowing me to gain an extra 20lbs from eating your ever so wonderful Swiss chocolate! It all started during our 10-minute pit stop in Milan. There I found my favorite candy ever: CRISPY M&Ms…. forget pretzel, crispy was always and will always be the best M&M ever to be made. Why they ever decided to discontinue it in the States is a mystery to me.
Next we stumbled across a chocolate store in Interlaken West that we smelt from miles away. It had walls and walls of different types of chocolate. My friends and I all agreed that it was 10x better then being in Willy Wonka's factory, even though none of us have ever been there [awks]. We all branched out and got something different. Jamie got a mousse chocolate bar, Ilana got an airy chocolate bar, Katie got a dark chocolate bar, and I got an amazing Lindt bar! And yes, the chocolate is so much better in Switzerland!
All chocolate aside...the one borderline healthy thing I ate in Switzerland this past weekend was Muesli, which is now potentially my breakfast of choice. I actually woke up and looked forward to my Muesli with bananas. Who knew uncooked rolled oats with fruit and nuts could be so tasty?? What scares me though is that it was originally made for patients in a hospital. Guess it’s safe to say I now have a liking for hospital food.
PS: don't go to McDonalds in Interlaken....2 medium fries & 4 mini cokes will cost you 20 franks 

No comments:

Post a Comment