2.21.2011

Angelina Who?


Tourist trap? Yes… Overpriced? Yes…. Amazing food? Do I even need to answer that?? Angelina is a go to for brunch when in Paris. The place is the epitome of what I imagined Paris to be. Pastel colors, over the top décor with gold accents, and the smell of pastries fill the restaurant. When you first walk in you are greeted with a display of macaroons and pastries that can should be considered works of art. 
Just as my mouth started to water, we were taken to our table towards the back of the room. Without hesitation we immediately ordered croissants, brioches, and pan au chocolates. We also ordered Angelina’s famous hot chocolate, or should I say melted chocolate bar. Yes, I used the same description for Peel’s hot chocolate, but this was on another level. The creaminess and richness was indescribable. I probably should have stopped after my 4th cup, but I couldn’t resist!  
On top of my pastry & hot chocolate overload, I got Angelina’s leek quiche. Leeks + Eggs = Love. Leeks + Eggs + Pastry Crust  = Death. Someone should have pre-warned me of the richness of that crust. After the chocolate, the quiche and the croissants, I needed to be fork lifted out of that place. Food coma to the max! 
Still love ya Angelina <3



No comments:

Post a Comment