7.23.2012

Queens Baby! Ayada Thai

A trip out to JFK only means one thing.... a meal in Queens!! If you're looking for some great authentic Asain food, Queens is your spot. Aside from the ever-so-popular Flushing, there is also Woodside - home to some of the best Thai food I've ever had.
For those of you familiar with Woodside, I know what you're probably thinking...SriPraPhai!?!?! Well, here is a little disclosure: SriPraPhai is my #1...it is the best damn Thai food I've ever had and will forever be one of my favorite restaurants in New York. However, my dad insisted that we try something new, so here we have Ayada.
Raw Shrimp Salad
Declared by NY Timeout: 100 Tastes you have to try - there was no skipping out on this appetizer. At first I was hesitant about sliding raw shrimp into my mouth, but the combination of heat along with the crunchy okra made this dish a true winner. I'm not sure it is something I would find myself having a craving for, but if you're going to Ayada for the first time, then it should be on your must order list.
Northern Thai Sausage
This lovely dish ended up on our table by accident, but I felt obliged to post it. This is another dish Ayada does quite well (from what I've heard). Although we considered downing it before anyone noticed, us Burr's we're too guilty to eat it when it belonged to another table...
Crispy Chinese Watercress Salad
This salad has to be one of my favorite dishes the Thai cuisine has to offer. The words tempura & deep fried are usually associated with greasy and heavy. This super crunchy tempura fried watercress, however, is balanced out by the acidic dressing & fresh vegetables that accompany it. 
Panang Curry w/ Chicken 
Here's your classic Panang Curry...packed with flavor, but nothing out of this world...
Drunken Noodles w/ Pork
You really can't go wrong with rice noodles. Pad See Ew, Drunken, Chow Fun - the list goes on. I can't get enough of the thick and chewy consistency that these noodles have to offer. I heard Ayada isn't neccessarily known for their noodles, but hey! I wanted my Drunken noods! Again, flavor was there, but it seemed that they put alot of vegetables in to act as a filler. More noodles, less veggies! DUH! 
Pad Kra Prow w/ Pork
Hello Mr. Spicy! I like my Asian food hot and there's no better dish to order hot then some stir fried pork with thai basil. Slab it over some rice, enjoy the flavors & take the heat baby! 
Saute Chinese Broccoli w/ Crispy Pork
Along with rice noodles, my other must order is Asian vegetables. Simply done in garlic and ginger, it can't be beat. I can eat Bok Choy, Leeks, Flowering Chives, & Water Spinach for days. Throw some crispy pork on top and there might not be anything better...Although, if we're being honest here, I will tell you SriPraPhai does this dish to perfection. There is no competition here. 

Overall, flavorful and delicious meal, but I find it a true challenge straying away from my love SriPraPhai...

Ayada
78-01 Woodside Ave.
Elmhurst, NY 11373
718.424.0844

No comments:

Post a Comment