7.02.2012

Summertime Heat

There is nothing worse then being in New York City in the sweltering heat and sweating the night away. Even at 2am, stepping outside of a crowded bar, is no relief. I'm almost positive it was hotter outside in the open then it was inside the bar and all I could think about in that moment was a soft serve cone. Then it hit me! A pop-up ice cream shop in the East Village that's open late night during the summer! Genius idea....I know...
Soft serve vanilla w. rainbow sprinkles
From that night on, the thought of some soft serve ice cream started haunting my dreams. It became all I could think about everytime I looked outside at the bright sun. I finally gave in to my cravings and hit up my old school favorite...Carvel. Their rich vanilla soft serve never fails to hit the spot!
Speaking of ice cream... Serious Eats has announced that July is Ice Cream Month! Today they featured Parm's limited edition S'mores Ice Cream Cake. Graham cracker, chocolate, and toasted marshmallow gelato make up this masterpiece. It's a, "Carvel cake of your dreams." - NYSeriousEats. You had me at Carvel (and toasted marshmallow!). Aside from their delicious food, looks like we're going to have to make our way down to Parm to try their dessert before it heads off the menu. 

Parm
248 Mulberry st.
New York, NY 10012
212.993.7189

No comments:

Post a Comment