7.18.2012

Old School

Family style, stick to your bones, buttery, delicious Italian food served to you by stereotypical Italian men. I welcome you to Don Peppe in Ozone Park - Queens, NY. You might have heard about it from the final season of Entourage. You know, the Italian joint Turtle wanted to open up in Hollywood? Yes - I am speaking of that Don Peppe. 
Baked Clams 
If you know what Don Peppe is all about, you know there is no other way to start off your meal then with their Baked Clams. A perfect combination of garlic, butter, and breadcrumbs. I must say, they were pretty solid bites of goodness. 
Linguine in White Clam Sauce
Next the Linguine in White Clam Sauce came out. My family is all about the clam sauce and we fully approved of Don Peppe's. The pasta, al dente, and the sauce, full of flavor. It's even worth the after pasta mop up. Let that bread soak in the sauce and enjoy those carbs!
Chicken Scarpariello
Moving away from the seafood and onto the poultry...Chicken Scarpariello. I am not sure exactly how they cook it, but it comes out perfectly crisped and who doesn't like their chicken skin crispy?? Squeeze the lemon over for some additional citrus and you got yourself a pretty great chicken dish! 
Eggplant Parmigiana
The Eggplant Parmigiana: delicious tomato sauce and melted cheese, I'll give them that...but I cannot stand when the eggplant is over-breaded! I know I'm spoiled because I've had the best eggplant parm throughout Italy, but this is a dish that I would not be ordering again here and you shouldn't either. 
So here's the deal...Don Peppe is good ol'gangsta Italian food. Some things are great, other things not so much. Am I running back to Queens to get another Don Peppe fix? No...Would I go back if I was in the area and was craving some garlic and butter? Yes. 


Don Peppe
13559 Lefferts Blvd.
Ozone Park, NY
718.845.7587




No comments:

Post a Comment