12.24.2011

Table 21

Going into the city to visit my family at The Agency can only lead to one thing... A spontaneous dinner at Burger & Barrel (obviously!). You've seen his name on Burrnttoast in the past and here it is again. Josh Capon, executive chef at B&B and Lure Fishbar is a dear friend of mine and invited me to come have dinner at his restaurant. I've been meaning to go for sometime now and finally made my way over. 
Burger & Barrel, located on 25 W Houston St. is an American pub with incredible food. Sitting by my side the entire time Chef Capon did the honor of ordering us the best bites of food off his menu. Believe me, I'm down to be honest here, I don't care speaking my mind and I'm not afraid of holding anything back... So, with that said, let me tell you that the food is unbelievable! One after the other, things just kept getting better. I came to realize however that there is this misconception that goes on with the eaters at B&B. Being that burger is in the name of the restaurant and Capon is the king of Burger Bash, one's thought would be to order a burger, but the truth is the other entrees on the menu should not be put in the burger's shadow! Don't get me wrong, we ordered a burger and it was down right insane, but so was the farfalle with hen of the wood mushrooms and TRUFFLES! And might I add, since I am so special I was lucky enough to have some extra truffles shaved over my pasta and excuse me, but who doesn't love that???
Our meal started off with a sampling of the Tuna Tartae [chili oil, avocado, potato gaufrettes aka potato chip] and continued with some more samplings of some crazy good food...
Chicken Lollipops [ancho chile bbq]
Chef Capon & I cheersing to some good 'ol BACON!
Rock Shrimp Hush Puppies [corn & jalapeno, charred scallion aioli]
Brasied Short Rib [shredded cabbage, pico de gallo, cream fresca]
Special Pasta: Farfalle, Hen of the Wood Shrooms & TRUFFLE!
Bash Style Burger [caramelized onion & bacon jam, pickles, cheese} & the best tators I've ever had
Mini Ice Cream Cones
Apple Fritter Doughnut Things w/ Vanilla Ice Cream-ish Dipping Sauce - YUM!!
I mean it is clear dinner was insane and out of this fucking world. We also had their shrimp ceviche, but ate it before we realized a picture was not taken... My B!

This is clearly a snapshot of Capon & I, but what's that championship belt I'm sporting you ask? Well that's his heavy weight belt he received from my buddy Peter Raskin for winning Burger Bash. Such cute besties!
The belt is well deserved and now I kind of now want one...even though I've never won anything, but I think these things are the new #trend. Love 'em! Gotta get one...
Josh Capon kudos for being an amazing chef & person. Your fun and loving personality is infectious and my friend and I enjoyed every moment of our night (no really, she couldn't stop talking about it). The question, however, that kept coming my way the entire evening was "How do you know the chef??" Well, I must thank Peter Raskin for introducing me to Capon. Good things to come....cannot wait for the Brooklyn Bowl baby!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment