12.09.2011

Cafe Aion

Waking up at 8:30am and not being able to fall back asleep was shitty, but it did lead me to one thing...BREAKFAST FOOD! I'm never ever up early enough to go out for breakfast and it depresses me because I love me a good stack of pancakes. I texted my friend and immediately we were out and about deciding where to go for breakfast. We stopped off at a local eatery ,Snooze, but the wait was 25 minute & we weren't trying to stand in a cramped store front waiting to be seated, so we decided to hit up Cafe Aion. Esquire Magazine listed Cafe Aion on their "Where to Eat in Colorado Right Now" list and for a good reason. Tucked away on "The Hill" in Boulder, Cafe Aion is a cute, warm, welcoming, and quaint restaurant.
Our meal overall was damn tasty. I woke up craving an omelet, but ended my morning with polenta & poached eggs and I was not disappointed. Our meal was perfection. It wasn't the typical greasy breakfast food found in diners back home. It was a delicious gourmet breakfast and it hit the spot!
French Pressed Coffee
Veggie Benedict w/ Tomatoes & Hollandaise
Anson Mills Polenta w/ Poached Eggs & Tomato Ragu

No comments:

Post a Comment