11.30.2011

We all scream for ice cream!

Some may know Holsten's from the last episode of The Sopranos, but I know Holsten's from the many stories my parents have told me about growing up on Holsten's and their homemade ice cream. After going to two movie theatres to only find that everything was sold out, we decided to be spontaneous and go to Holsten's for a little (well deserved) ice cream sundae. Never having been to Holsten's I really did not know what to think of the place. We walked into an old school restaurant with wooden booths and stuffed animals set up on the walls. I had no clue what to order, so on recommendation of my dad I had a chocolate soda with vanilla ice cream. Confused by what my dad had just ordered for me, he told me this was his go to order when he was younger. Chocolate syrup mixed with seltzer topped off with vanilla ice cream, whipped cream and a cherry on top. Let me tell you, it did not disappoint. My mom ordered a piece of apple pie with cinnamon ice cream and my dad got a marshmallow sundae with coffee chip ice cream. I'm pretty sure we scarfed everything down in seconds. You got to love a good ice cream feast. 
Marshmallow Sundae
Chocolate Soda
Apple Pie w/ Cinnamon Ice Cream
I'm actually pretty happy the movie was sold out. Being home with both my parents and having those spontaneous moments makes me oh so happy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment