11.03.2011

Nom Nom

Happy National Sandwich Day! Arguably one of the best days of the year. As an obsession of mine, sandwiches make it into my diet almost on the daily. What I love about sandwiches is that they come in so many different shapes, flavors, and sizes. Every cuisine has their own version and I cannot get enough of them. In Italy, I would each a sandwich for breakfast, lunch, snack, and dinner. Living in a college town, I tend to do the same. Either way my love for sandwiches remains strong. And who doesn't love a good sandwich?! I did intern with this one kid, heir to the Greengrass family, who you would think, with food in his blood, would love him a good sandwich, but rather he despised them. Kid couldn't stand sandwiches. Pretty scary if you ask me. Serious Eats posted their 30 favorite sandwiches of the year in honor of this day and I decided to share my favorites. 
The Braised Braciole at Rubirosa
Jack's Club at Russo's Mozzarella and Pasta
The Grilled Pork Bánh Mì from Paris Sandwich
The Goat Cheese Panino at Balaboosta
Arepa at Coppelia
Red's Dead at the Deli and General Store
Cemita from Estrellita Poblana III
Best Pizza's Meatball Sub
Juancho Cemita at Café Ollin
Cheesesteak at Kwik Meal

1 comment: