7.05.2011

Z.E.

When most people think of Thai food, they think of things like pad thai or drunken noodles, but new East Village restaurant Zabb Elee doesn't have that. They specialize in Northern Isan Thai food. Although I'm a huge fan of all Thai food, there's something about the specific cuisine from the Isan region that has me craving it more then Central Thai food. We started our meal with Som Tum (papaya salad) which is a staple must order for me when eating Thai. Crunchy, acidic, and refreshing... I'm so obsessed with this dish! 
After the papaya salad, we ordered the duck larb which was made with shallots, mint, scallion, cilantro, chili powder and a lime dressing. Again, another incredible dish and if you're not a fan of duck it also comes in beef, pork liver, chicken, catfish, bamboo shoot, crispy pork and regular pork. 
Saving my favorite for last, the other dish we got that night was Kana Moo Korb (crispy pork with Chinese broccoli). Ever since I had crispy pork At SriPraPhai in Queens, I've developed a sick infatuation with it. It's SOOO good! Definitely a must order.
SriPraPhai was by far the best Thai food I've ever consumed in my life, but Zabb Elee is a great alternative and saves me a trip out to Queens. Located in the heart of the East Village, Zabb Elee is inexpensive and delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment