7.21.2011

Falai Panetteria


I don't have any pictures to back up my word, but you're just going to have to trust me on this one. I like to think I'm highly knowledgeable on Italian food; considering I lived there for four months. Well, my meal last night definitely lived up to my high standards. Falai Panetteria, located in the lower east side, is an amazing little restaurant with incredible food. We started our meal off with the Polipo: baby octupus with white cannellini beans, olives, capers, roasted potatoes and green sauce, Crostini Di Tonno: mushroom ragu, fresh tuna, and roasted cherry tomatoes, and Avocado: mixed greens, shrimp, tomato fillet, with black truffle dressingThere was not one antipasti I didn't enjoy and the entrees were just as good! The ones that really stood out were the Pappardelle Alla Crema Di Parmigiano: parmesan sauce, brussel sprouts & sage butter, Gnudi: spinach, ricotta, with sage infused brown butter sauce, and Pappardelle Alla Zucca Con Cinghale: butternut squash pappardelle with wild boar ragu.  To top off the amazing meal, our adorable Italian waitress gave us a trio of deserts on the house. Highly recommended! 


Falai Panetteria
79 Clinton St. 
New York, NY 10002

No comments:

Post a Comment