7.05.2011

Dinosaur

The idea of Bar-B-Que food makes my mouth water. Ribs, pulled pork, mashed potatoes, mac and cheese, cornbread.. etc. The shits amazing, or at least the idea of it is. Driving down the West Side Highway, I always pass Dinosaur BBQ and always have wanted to eat there. Finally, I did...
After waiting 45 minutes to be seated, I surely worked up an appetite. It clearly wasn't a big enough one though. We ordered one rack of ribs to share and two sides [baked beans & macaroni and cheese]. 3 Ribs in and a few bites of mac and cheese, I wanted to keel over and die. The richness of bar-b-que food is too much for me. Full to my capacity, I left the rest for my dad and brother to finish and I think even they too were struggling. 
The meat on the ribs was falling off of the bone. Smoked for hours, the taste was pretty incredible, but the feeling afterwards? Not so much...
I don't mean to be a debbie downer. These were maybe the best ribs I've ever had, but it came along with a full side of severe food comatose(ing). 

No comments:

Post a Comment