6.28.2012

Shawarma Showdown

Every corner you turn in Israel, you're bound to see some shawarma. No complaints here! I love me some shawarms, but after a heavy dose of mystery meat, I settled on falafel for the rest of the trip. 
Tzfat
Don't let the picture deceive you...This isn't a pita, but rather my new favorite thing, a LAFFA! After many shawarma & falafel meals, I like to think I have it all somewhat down to a science. If you're in the shawarma mood, a laffa is your best bet. Since the wrap and the pita got together and gave birth to a laffa, it knows how to hold the meat and toppings like a pro.
Old City of Jerusalem
Falafel in a Pita 
Chicken Shawarma in a Laffa
Mathew truly enjoying himself
With falafel on my mind, the confusion started swarming in when I saw that Shwarma Bar offered CHICKEN shawarma. No mystery meat here, just pure chicken. I had to admit it was quite enticing, but I could not go another day without falafel. Either or, the meal was amazing. Great pre-Western Wall bite to get us re-energized. 

No comments:

Post a Comment