6.19.2012

Can I have some cheese on that?

In my opinion, my burger is not complete without cheese, so a burger concept in Israel was somewhat puzzling to me. It seemed to be quite puzzling to my friend Katie as well who asked for some dairy on top of her meat and was immediately shot a dirty look. We learned our lesson from that day on....
With no English menu in sight, we had to order by word of mouth. I heard the lamb/beef mixed burger was to die for and the sweet chili & chimichurri sauces were the go to. I must say, my friends did not steer me wrong. 
I've had many burgers in my day. Fast food burgers, expensive burgers, turkey burgers... you get the idea. The truth of the matter is that this Israeli Burger Bar is a fast food concept, so my expectations were not high. 
I attempted to spice up the burger with some solid toppings because I did not expect anything more then a flat dried out patty. Eggplant, pickles, onions, sweet chili sauce, tomatoes with chimichurri and garlic mayo on the side should suffice. However, before I go into any more detail I'll let you take a looksie for yourself...
YES! YES! YES! that's right kids! A beautiful, perfectly medium cooked burger. Thick, juicy and flavorful, this burger was hands down the best "fast" food burger I've ever had. This concept needs to come to the US! Say buhbye to what you thought was a good burger cooked at a mall kiosk and say hello to Burger Bar!

No comments:

Post a Comment