6.18.2012

Feta Fix



I love me some feta cheese, so as soon as my plane touched down on Israeli soil, the search was on. I could not wait for my unlimited supply of feta. Feta on everything (minus meat of course)! Well, before I knew it, things took a turn for the worse. Maybe I'm wrong....but when I think Mediterranean, I think feta. Clearly that's not the case for Israel. Falafel balls in a pita with no feta? Oy vey! When this realization finally hit me, I became quite the feta complainer. Everywhere where we went, I kept my feta hopes high and I was constantly disappointed....UNTIL....... TEL AVIV!
Praise you Tel Aviv for reconnecting me with what seemed like a lost love. When my friends and I sat down at a random cafe in the middle of this beach town, the last thing I expected to see was the word feta, but there it was! F-E-T-A ! 
Quinoa salad w/ walnuts, cranberries & feta
A nice break from carbs, this salad was a breathe of fresh air. Just what I needed to complete my trip in Israel. My friends, Katie & Carli, also loved their meals. Sababa!
Even though we only had 2 hours of free time in Tel Aviv, we did not regret taking the time to sit down and enjoy this meal. I might have missed out on some vital evil eye bracelet shopping, but it was well wroth it. #FETA4LIFE

No comments:

Post a Comment