5.23.2012

Restaurants Approved

Nervous of my family's approval on my favorite restaurants in Boulder  was a nerve racking experience that I had to endure all weekend. I know my taste in food is one to be reckoned with, but there is always that feeling of insecurity when you are trying to impress the ones that helped you develop your extensive palate. Luckily for me, my dad could not stop telling me how well I did. Only taking them to the restaurants that I have thoroughly enjoyed in the past, I only hoped that my taste buds have done me right and they sure as hell did. The Burr family was in food overload heaven. Loving every single bite, they were extremely impressed with the Boulder food scene.
The first restaurant we went to was Oak at Fourteenth. You've seen it here on Burrnttoast twice before and yes, it deserves a third time appearence. It amazes me how every single visit to Oak just keeps on getting better. We obviously started with the kale salad with shaved gala apples as well as the braised meatballs with burrata. For our main dishes...
Spring Ramp Risotto w/ royal red shrimp, lemon & tarragon
Wood Grilled Rocky Jr. Chicken w/ cracklings, pickled ramps, parm gnocchi, asparagus, & chicken jus
Oak Grilled NY Beef Striploin w/ baby beets, pickled horseradish creme fraiche & fingerling potatoes. 
Ricotta Cheesecake w/ rhubard sauce 
cheers to graduation!
The next successful & delicious meal took place at Pizzeria Locale. Being the Neapolitan pizza lovers that we are, I knew without a doubt that I had to take them to Pizzeria Locale. Having been a couple times before, this pizzeria, never failed to bring the freshest and tastiest ingredients. My dad even gave one of the biggest compliments someone can get here in Colorado...that the pizza reminded him of a restaurant back in New York [Motorinos to be specific]. Pizza in Boulder as good as pizza in New York? I must say this is quite true. 
I insisted that we must start our meal with Pizzeria Locale's polpettine. Pork meatballs generously doused in an incredible walnut pesto, these meatballs might be one of the best meatballs I've ever had. 
After devouring these balls, we spent a couple of minutes strategically figuring out exactly what pizzas we wanted to order. We went with one traditional-ish type pizza, one white based pizza, and one majorly different & creative pizza. 
Maialemozzarella di bufala-parmigiano reggiano-prosciutto crudo-arugula
Carbonara: self explanatory...

Mais: mozzarella di bufala-sweet corn-crème fraiche-prosciutto cotto 

I must say we did pretttty prettttty well. Every pizza was jam packed with flavor and consisted of the perfect chewy but soft crust. My mouth waters just looking at these pictures. Thinking that I am now graduated and never getting my hands on these pizzas anytime soon is painful to think about, but at least I have these pictures to stare at all day.

Oak at Fourteenth
1400 Pearl Street.
Boulder, Co 80302
303.444.3622 

Pizzeria Locale
1730 Pearl Street.
Boulder, Co 80302
303. 442.3003

PS: I bet you all are wondering what my last meal in Boulder was... well here it is! 
YUP! Oak at Fourteenth's Kale Salad!! #crack

No comments:

Post a Comment