5.24.2012

Lure Fishbar

When my cousin asked me where I wanted her to take me out for dinner for my "happy graduation, real life has started, say bye to fun college times" dinner I knew immediately I wanted to go to Lure. Living in landlocked Colorado, you do not really have access to that many seafood restaurants, so not only did I need my dose of some delicious fish, but I also needed some Josh Capon back in my life. If you are a Burrnttoast groupie, which you obviously are, then you recognize the name. The executive chef at both B&B and Lure, Josh is a true talent and such a mench! 
Always welcomed with the warmest of greetings, Josh knows how to make a food lover happy. Every bite of food Josh brought over for my cousin and I to nosh on got better and better with each dish. 
Shrimp Skewers 
Deviled Eggs topped w/ Caviar!
Both of these dishes, while they might be small, were jam packed with flavor and super scrumptious. I could have probably ate 1,000 more of those deviled eggs. No Jokes.... Moving on to entrees, I really was stuck in a huge kosher pickle trying to decide what I wanted to order. Salmon, soft shell crab, scallops, snapper?? Everything looked amazing! Finally, I decided, on Josh's recommendation: the red snapper. Could a chef like Josh steer you wrong? No...
Salmon w/ Brussel Sprouts, Bacon, & Truffled Onions 
Steamed Red Snapper w/ Bok Choy, Jasmine Rice, & Red Curry Broth
Stop it right now! I know that you know how incredible these dishes were! Both the salmon and the red snapper were cooked to perfection. The accompanying ingredients together with the fishes were a marriage made in heaven. There is actually not one thing I would change about either of these dishes. LOVE! 
Chocolate, Salted Caramel & Toasted Marshmallow Ice Cream
Yes! us fat asses obviously got dessert. With absolutely no more room left for us to eat we got a trio of ice creams because that's how we do. I must tell you however that the toasted marshmallow ice cream was beyond! Actually a toasted marshmallow in ice cream form, I have no clue how they did it. I wouldn't mind an entire graduation ice cream cake of that flavor with those little chocolate crunchies from Carvel (hint,hint)
PS: do me a favor and make your way over to Lure, you won't regret it. ALSO, don't forget to check out Josh Capon on the The Rachael Ray Show here - http://www.rachaelrayshow.com/food/recipes/six-burger-toppings-six-minutes/

Lure Fishbar
142 Mercer Street.
New York, NY 10012
212.431.7676

No comments:

Post a Comment