10.23.2011

Home away from Home


Truffles, olive oil, pasta, salami, pesto, pizza, paninos...anything that reminds me of Italy makes me smile. Recently, an amazing restaurant here in Boulder, Frasca, opened up a little sandwich shop called Frasca Caffe. They call it cozy, I call it very small and claustrophobic, but the paninis are out of this world, so in this case size doesn't matter. My first experience at Frasca Caffe, I asked the cashier what she recommended. She said the Polpetta (meatball, san marzano tomato & mozzarella) and the Italiano (prosciutto, salami, mortadella, provolone & pickled veggies). Needing a good dose of Italian meats, I decided to go with the Italiano and I'm so happy I did! The salty meats, with the acidic vegetables and the light touch of mayonnaise made this sandwich a winner. In addition to paninis, they also have salads, soups, pastries and a lot of other great things to eat. I'm kind of sorta majorly obsessed.
Italiano
Polpetta


No comments:

Post a Comment