5.09.2011

The Carriage House

Poor little tourists, always being fooled by the mounds of gelato piled as high as the Duomo. Bright artificially colored gelato fill the windows of Florence. Coming to Italy one can only want the best gelato out there, and my friends and I have found it. We forgo the fake shit and make sure we only have the best of the best. We’ve finally narrowed down our favorite spots for gelato, two of which are across the Arno on the other side of Florence. One is called La Carraia [the carriage house]. La Carraia is a hidden gem being that it is two bridges down from the Ponte Vecchio, it is not as known. People out there just never take the time to venture down that far. 
Although I do love trying new things, I always tend to go for the same flavors. Menta & Cookies are my staple favorites. It’s hard for me to resist the fresh mint flavor and the creamy cookie deliciousness. Cone or cup, doesn’t matter. This gelato would be good on or in anything.
gelato
colorful cones
Ironically, we stopped and got gelato on the way to working out #AbroadGirlProblems

No comments:

Post a Comment