5.09.2011

Pizza Pie


While there is no doubt in my mind that I will miss the mounds of pasta I have eaten over these past couple of months, I am happy to say that I am eager to return home and detox from my friends Penne, Linguine, Tagliatelle and Rigatoni. There is, however, one thing that I know I’m going to have a huge problem withdrawing from….PIZZA! Deep down I know there are amazing Italian restaurants back in the states where I can get my truffle carbonara fix, but where am I going to find napoleon style pizza like the kind I have eaten here in Florence. Nothing can replace Gusta or il Pizzaiuolo….NOTHING! 
My friend Jamie and I wanted an afternoon snack when we realized our usual pizza joint was closed on Mondays. We decided then to try il Pizzaiuolo. Hearing only amazing things about this restaurant, I went in with high expectations and was not disappointed. As I was eye sexing the burrata and tomatoes on the table next to me, before I knew it our pizza with spicy salami and olives was out. They were even so kind enough to cut it in half. 

Bite after bite we could not stop moaning. Everything about this pizza was delicious. Looking back on the meal, I wouldn’t say we were cheating on Gusta, but rather expanding our horizons…opening up our mouths to new things. While Jamie still has Gusta as her pizza of choice, I think these two restaurants are both pretty damn good. 

beauty

1 comment:

  1. I was there this summer, and thought this pizza tasted like heaven... I miss it so much now, after seeing these beautiful photos!

    ReplyDelete