12.29.2012

Salvation Taco

Holy Guacamole, Salvation Taco...I heart you! 
Yes, tacos are all the rave right now. It's the current trend taking over and this is one trend I hope sticks around. April Bloomfield jumped on the taqueria bandwagon and opened up Salvation Taco in the Pod 39 hotel. I went the first week ST was open and I'm sure glad I did. Every single thing I ate, I loved....but then again, it is an April restaurant...
Spicy Beer Nuts
First bite, your welcomed by an unsuspected sweetness, then suddenly the spice kicks in. Accompanied by the crunch of the peanut, these nuts were the bees knees. 
Skirt Steak w/ Pecan and Chipotle
Moroccan Lamb Breast on Naan
Both were delicious! The steak, cooked to perfection, pulled apart with each bite. This was the more traditional of the two...The naan taco deserves an applause. I am in love with this creation. The rich lamb combined with the cooling cucumbers and yogurt sauce all on a freshly baked piece of naan....like are you kidding me? 
Confit Chicken Thigh Torta
Having the hardest time deciding which torta to get, I decided to ask the recommendation of our waitress. Without any hesitation she told us to get the confit chicken thigh torta. It was amazing. In a weird way this torta reminded me of peking duck. I love peking duck - so this is a great thing. 

Inexpensive & Scrumptious - Without a doubt, I will be returning to Salvation Taco, and you probably should too...

Salvation Taco 
145 E. 39th st.
New York, NY
212.865.5800



No comments:

Post a Comment