2.02.2013

Chopped - Retreat Edition

On my company retreat this past week, it was announced that everyone was going to be taking part in a chopped competition. We were all given a number with an associated basket. Slowly, my team member and I open our basket to find.....SALAD! Immediately  our smiles were placed with frowns and we new shit had hit the fan. Who could win with the salad course? Arugula, organes, jicama, and the rest I don't remember because I blacked out once I realized there was no way we were taking home the prize....

After a few words of encouragement to one another, we decided to make the most of it and just try our best. Before we knew it we had things cooking, dressing being made, and eggs frying...To make a long story short, we kept our eye on the clock and rocked the salad course out. 
I honestly don't even know where to begin with this concoction. It has no name and I don't even want to try and give it one...Arugula with toasted almonds, orange/soy sauce challah croutons, rice noodles, chili/soy potato bits, bruleed clementines, julienned apples, topped off with fried eggs and a citrus asian vinaigrette. All the flavors and ingredients married together quite amazingly. 

The end result????




No comments:

Post a Comment