8.14.2011

MEATOPIA MADNESS

People say the way to a man's heart his through is stomach... well I think the same goes for girls, or at least the same goes for me. You want me to like you? We'll then the secret is out. One of my bosses came up to me and asked if I wanted tickets to Meatopia. That's like asking a boy my age if he wants free tickets to a sporting event; clearly the answer is yes! Being the world's best daughter and sister, I decided to bring my dad and brother along with me. I know, I know.... so cute of me.
Meatopia, founded by Josh Ozersky, was held in a far, far away land I like to call Brooklyn. Behind my (younger & taller) brother and I was the beginnings of a beautiful afternoon @ Meatopia. 
Having VIP tickets allowed us to have access before the general public. We happened to arrive just on time for Ozersky's tour of Meatopia, which was being filmed for Ozersky.TV (I think).  Taking us around booth to booth, Ozersky let us in on his favorites at Meatopia. It was most definitely one of the highlights of the event.

And Time for the Food: 
Cypriot-Style Pork Gyro [bZgrill]


Crispy Pig Head Stuffed With Scrapple on a Buttermilk Biscuit w/ Oregon Chow Chow [Country Cat Dinner House & Bar]
Grilled Kalamansi-Spiced Chicken Thighs w/ Scallion-Tomatillo Salsa 
[Abe & Arthur's]

Korean Marinated Hanger Steak w/ Goat Cheese Chantilly [LudoBites]
Smoked Angus Brisket & Southern Pulled Pork Shooters w/ Baked Cheese Grits & Creamy Southern Slaw [4 Rivers Smokehouse]
Kowloon-Style Beef Short Rip Tart [RedFarm]
Sumac & Zataar-Spiced Grilled Lamb Ribs w/ Lebanese Salad [ilili]


Bacom & Sorgum-Glazed Quail w/ Watermelon Sweet Corn Salad [Seersucker]


This wasn't even half of the food we had eaten at Meatopia, but I had to stop somewhere... This post was just getting too awkwardly long. Regardless of the fact that it was over 100 degrees that day, the food was incredible, the view of the city was beautiful and Meatopia overall was one of the best days I've had in a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment