6.21.2011

München



I went to Munich, Germany to celebrate beer... I guess. Springfest was held in a huge tent in the middle of a carnival. We were surrounded by food, beer and rides...what else does one need? I started my weekend in Munich with a bike tour. We biked the entire city and ended our trip in one of Munich's most famous biergartens. 


The next morning my friends and I made our way over to the carnival. We walked inside the tent and found an overwhelming crowd of abroad students dancing on tables in the middle of the tent surrounded by all these foreigners - typical scene. We sat down, ordered our beers [which were the size of my face] and drank up!


Moving on to the food, walking around the carnival one was able to find everything from jumbo sized pretzels to bratwurst to cotton candy and more. After spending an entire day getting shit faced off enormous beers, the food surrounding us was a blessing in disguise. Everyone had the drunk munchies and the bratwurst stand was the first thing we ran to.
I believe that embracing the culture is important when in foreign countries, with that said, I stopped making a drunk fool out of myself and went out for a real sit down dinner. It was my friend Bess's birthday and she made sure we went to dinner for a traditional German meal. After the way my friend Katie hyped it up, there was no way I was leaving this restaurant, or Germany for that matter, without getting me some wiener schnitzel. 
First our waitress brought out some of those jumbo sized pretzels for us, then some other interesting appetizers and then my wiener schnitzel!
don't ask.
wienerschnitzel
apple strudel 

I think it is safe to say that Munich, Germany was one of my top favorite places I visited abroad. It could be because I was not sober 75% of the trip or because I was mildly obsessed with the outfits the servers wore in the tents. Either way this trip was one for the books. 

PS: How appropriate is it that Munich in German is München? 

No comments:

Post a Comment