4.12.2011

Scrumptious

 I’m starting to find it unbelievable that after being in Italy for 3 months already, I still seem to be fascinated by every single thing I eat. I am please to say I have not become jaded by the insanely delicious food that has come my way. The best part of the cuisine here is the simplicity of it. They use the freshest ingredients without having one overpower the other. Some of my favorite things I have eaten in Florence is the focaccia pizza. This specific one pictured above I got from a fair in Santa Croce Square. The bread, which was a mixture of warm, salty, softness was one of the best pieces of focaccia I’ve ever had. It was topped with insane amounts of garlic, cheese and pesto.   
The pizza wasn’t the only thing attracting me back to that stand; the man working the oven was the cutest little Italian grandpa I have ever met. We basically fell in love at first bite. 

No comments:

Post a Comment