4.11.2011

embracing the culture


The one thing everyone told me to do while abroad is embrace the culture. They told me to put myself in uncomfortable situations in order to better emerge myself in the Italian lifestyle. Well… I took everyone’s advice, went out of my comfort zone, and befriended an older Italian man. Yes, I know what you’re thinking. Italian men only have one thing on their mind and I’m not denying this Italian man doesn’t love me, but once I found out this specific Italian man owned restaurants, I knew I had to get an in with him. After exchanging pins one night, I got a bbm from my new friend Pasquale asking if I would like to come eat at his restaurant. I replied OF COURSE! A free meal? Why wouldn’t I go for a free meal? My friends and I headed to his restaurant where we were all treated like royalty. Before we knew it our first course was being brought out to us…
Basically this was a bowl the size of a wok filled with every shellfish imaginable...HEAVEN
Next we were brought linguini with sea bass in a white wine sauce...
And for the grand finale we were presented with a molten chocolate cake! I really would like to thank everyone for their advice. Embracing the Italian culture has never tasted so good.

1 comment: