9.01.2012

The Village Virgin

In honor of The Rocky Mountain Showdown today, I thought I would dedicate a blog post to Boulder, CO. A long night of partying after a game day only leads to one thing...a bunch of hungover undergrads at The Village the following morning. 
Walking down the sidewalk to campus, sitting in class, even out at the bars at night...people were shooting me these looks. Looks of disgust, looks of disappointment, looks of discouragement. The rumor must have been out. Everyone knew I was a virgin...
A VILLAGE VIRGIN! A second semester senior in college, 22 years old, and I had never been to The Village. The employees here make sure to embarrass the hell out of you, silencing the diner, and shouting out to everyone that, "there is a virgin in the house!" Of course my friends did not spare me... they told our waitress the I'd never had been and soon enough all eyes were on me. 
#3: two eggs, hash browns, bacon & wheat toast
#2: two eggs, hash browns, sausage links & wheat toast
Blueberry Pancake
No, the food isn't out of this world and you're not going to be dying to go back the next day for round 2, but The Village is the perfect place to go to soak up the leftover alcohol from the night before. Plus, you can show up looking like shit in your pajamas and nobody will care! 

The Village Coffee Shop
1605 Folsom st.
Boulder, CO

No comments:

Post a Comment