3.01.2011

Osteria Delle Tre Panche

For those who have ever received a Jap Guide from fellow Jews who have gone abroad in the past, I am confident in saying, one will always find Tre Panche under where to eat in Florence. The mystery of Tre Panche though is its location. All of the guides say that you must cab it there, so I took it upon myself to Google Maps it. Not surprised at all, it turns out that Tre Panche is in my neighborhood. The restaurant is a 5-minute walk from my door, most definitely no cab needed for me! The truth is, unless you're lazy, live over the Ponte Vecchio or are wearing heels, there is really no need to cab it here. Just walk 25 minutes straight up Borgo Pinti [past Giostra and past The Four Seasons] and it's right there!
 What's so unique about this little osteria is not only the food they feed you, but the fact that it is literally only tres panches [three benches]. Get ready to make new friends because you sit and eat with complete strangers, mostly who are all Italian. 
We started off our meal with chicken pate crostinis [my new favorite Florentine speciality]. The stuff tastes like chopped liver, but almost better. From there we got...
tagliatelle with artichokes
artichoke ravioli with walnuts
penne with spicy pomodoro sauce
ravioli with truffles
cheesecake

I think it’s pretty clear through these pictures just how fabulous our meal was, but all pasta aside, the cheesecake, which they are famous for, was out of this world! It was unlike anything I have ever eaten. Besides the fact that it was light and fluffy, it was also heated up, gooey, and fantastic! I dream of it...

Looking back on the meal, I can't decide if my favorite part was my friend falling off the bench and everyone in the entire closet of a restaurant laughing or when the owner asked if we wanted him to call us a cab. It's a toss up.

No comments:

Post a Comment